Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cafes


In afternoons, take the weight off you feet, sit on a nice fluffy couch, take a sip of a nice warm cup of latte, close your eyes for few seconds.. aah,, perfecto…

Coffee is one of my favorite drinks.. and these are the experience of my journey from one café to another..

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Rate: Love it!
Nice coffee.. nice ambience.. provides separate smoking area.. good deal for breakfast (with the free refill to your big cup of coffee or tea).. provides you stamp card valid internationally (for 12 stamps, you’ll get 1 free coffee..)

Bakoel Koffie
Rate: Love it!
Established since the colonial occupancy in Indonesia.. first outlet was in Cikini, Jakarta.
Very nice and strong coffee from various places in Indonesia (I think, particularly Sumatra and Java),, cozy place (you should check out its Barito and Senopati outlets),, at Bakoel, you will be occupied with many games (mostly traditional games such as ular tangga, halma, congklak and bekel),, Love it, love it…

Gloria Jeans
Rate: if there’s any other café, go to the other café
I knew Gloria Jeans since I was in Melbourne.. just because it was on my way back to the apartment, so I once in a while bought a cup to go..
Here, I like its atmosphere in Plaza Semanggi.. but I hate the ‘take away’ cups.. even if you are dining in, you still get the take away cup (that cartoon-heat proof-cups). I would much prefer if I drink it from a ‘real’ cup (you know what I mean)..
Ow, and the waiter at Citos,, is horrible. *Sok tau dan asal banget orangnya..!!* I went there twice and I had to face the same jerk.

Starbucks
Rate: moderate
Upps.. sorry if some people would probably disagree with the rate I give to Starbucks. I don’t really like its coffee.. particularly the flavor coffees,, it is so mixed with various flavor so you won’t taste the coffee in it..
But I love its muffins.. yummeh.. the taste is just like the original muffins of Dunkin Donuts back in ‘90s (now Dunkin Donuts don’t use the same recipe as it used to for their muffins). I also like to see Starbucks collections of mugs, tumbler and its other souvenirs – yet they are so expensive..

Daily Bread
Rate: I love it!
Nice coffee, friendly price for its coffees and bakery.. on weekends, Daily Bread at PIM 1 has its additional value.. they –luckily – have live music in front of its outlet..
Used to be merry’s and my favorite place (also for ‘curhat session’) during college. :)

Mr. Bean Coffee
Rate: Moderate
Overall, so so laah..

Ground Café
Rate: *not yet rated*
Recommended by its owner, who is a good friend of Irma.. located at JakTV studio. The owner told me that the coffee is imported from Aussie.. it’s lavazza. Should be a nice coffee.. but hasn’t got time to stop by there..
But merry, who once went there, said that the place is not as nice as she expected..
I’ll stop by there sometime and prove it by myself.. :) *Irma, Rondang, Tiessa.. you guys are coming with me, right..?* hehe..

Brew & Co
Rate: if there’s any other café, go to the other café
The hot coffee apparently is not hot at all *langsung ilfil deh..*. Just went there once.
Few weeks ago mas Reggy went there just because he could access internet from the café.


Excelso
Rate: I love it!
Similar type with Bakoel Koffie.. offering ‘traditional’ coffee.. cozy and warm place..
The coffee float is refreshing.. you should also try the coffee with avocado in it.. so hard to find in other cafés..

Café Regal
Rate: moderate

We (merry and I) used to find cheaper coffee here (again, back in college). But now the price is just the same with others. The coffee is fine. Surprisingly the seafood pasta is quiet nice, with many seafood topping including fresh shrimps.

Dome
Rate: moderate
I don’t know why not so many people go there, it’s not too bad actually.

Oh La La
Rate: moderate
Well, if there’s a rate between “moderate” and “I love it!”, I would chose that..
I enjoy its variety of bakery.. it’s best spot now is at the skywalk between PIM 1 and PIM 2.
I had a funny experience there when I was in high school.. Shanty (my good friend from high school) won’t forget that.. hehe..

Melrimba Cafe
Rate: I love it!
located in Puncak.. nice place, with cool wheather.. now is re-decorated with new style.. love it..
Please make your own rate to the above cafés.. :) You can walk through its beautiful garden, just like a small hidden botanical garden.. very romantic..




Losari Coffee Plantation
Rate: I love it!
Located in Losari, near Ambarawa, Central Java..
The cafe is uphill, so you can see the beautiful scenery from there..
The coffee is superb.. also love the way they serve the coffee..
It has its own coffee plantation *you can take a tour around the plantation and have coffee or high tea inside the plantation* and its beautiful resort. The cottages are design with natural and traditional decoration. even the bath tub is made of single big stone.


Please make your own rate to the above cafés.. :)

4 comments:

Bubu Raska said...

I don't know anything about the various taste of a coffee, for me all coffees are the same hehe..However, as for Kafe Regal, I agree with you that it is not the cheapest cafe for us to take a cup of coffee there anymore kekeke! ya gak sih bud, udah mahal sekarang...:(

Maria Irma Yunita said...

am definitely not a coffee person
yet ironically,
I already went to most of the coffee spots u went into (as reviewed in your blog)..

Wika Surowidjojo said...

Ma..
mungkin kamyu emang bukan coffee drinker.. kamyu 'nongkronger'.. alias tukang nongkrong,, rumpi2 dan ngumpul2 sama temen2 di kafe2 itu kali yaa... :))

Untuk Tiessa,
iya kan yaa,, Regal nggak semurah dulu lagii..

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the fall efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=anti trojan elite 3.9.0 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you functioning the black methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg